Ranji Trophy: Gupta takes four in UP`s big win over Baroda
Vadodara: Left-arm spinner Praveen Gupta bagged four wickets, including three in an over, as Uttar Pradesh cruised to a 182-run win over Baroda in their Group B Ranji Trophy match here on Sunday.
The 26-year-old spinner from Meerut ran through the Baroda lower-order as they fell short of the stiff 369-run target by some distance, giving the visitors six points for the victory.
Pace spearhead R P Singh and leg-spinner Piyush Chawla picked two wickets before the hosts were bundled out for 186 in 64.3 overs.
Ambati Rayudu was the only batsman to offer some resistance as he top-scored with 56 while hard-hitting all-rounder Yusuf Pathan blasted a 46-ball 49 with the help of nine fours and a six.
Overnight five for two with both the openers gone, Baroda, barring the 82-run stand for the sixth wicket between Rayudu and Pathan, could not do much on the final day of the second round encounter.
Earlier, on the third day yesterday, opener Tanmay Srivastava made an unbeaten century before spearhead R P struck twice at the fag end to put Uttar Pradesh in sight of an outright win.
After UP declared their innings at 294 for six, senior pacer R P, who grabbed fours wickets in their first innings, once again made life difficult for the hosts dealing them two quick blows in the form of Saurabh Wakaskar and Aditya Waghmore.
UP 302 and 294/6 decl.
Baroda 228 and 186 all out (Rayudu 56, Yusuf 49; Kumar 4/14).
UP 6 points, Baroda 0.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand