Ranji Trophy: Hyderabad 218/4 in reply to Assam 501/9 dec on 3rd day
Guwahati: Opener Tirumalasetti Suman smashed a fine century to guide Hyderabad to 218 for four in reply to Assam`s mammoth first innings total of 501 for nine declared at stumps on the third and penultimate day of their Ranji Trophy Group C match, here on Saturday.
Suman made 126 off 170 balls with the help of nine fours and as many sixes. Apart from Suman, both captain Akshath Reddy (39) and Hanuma Vihari (34) got starts before getting out.
At the close of play, Bavanaka Sandeep (8) and Amol Shinde were at the crease with Hyderabad still needing 283 more runs on the final day of the game to surpass Assam`s first innings total.
Pallav Kumar Das (1/6), Tarjinder Singh (1/12), skipper Abu Nechim Ahmed (1/35) and Arlen Konwar (1/62) shared the four wickets for Assam.
Earlier, resuming at the overnight score of 422 for six, Assam batsmen added 79 more runs before calling off their innings.
Overnight centurion, Gokul Sharma added 35 more runs to remain unbeaten on 161.
Assam 1st innings: 501 for nine dec in 197 overs (Gokul Sharma 161 not out, Sibsankar Roy 134, Jamaluddin Syed Mohammed 59; Amol Shinde 3/143).
Hyderabad 1st innings: 218 for four in 71 overs (Tirumalasetti Suman 126; Pallav Kumar Das 1/6).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy