Ranji Trophy: Jadhav`s double ton takes Assam to commanding position
Guwahati: Captain Dheeraj Jadhav smashed a brilliant double century to take Assam to a commanding position on the second day of their Ranji Trophy group league match against Tripura here on Saturday.
Jadhav`s 243 from 462 balls, which he made with the help of 30 fours and a six, took Assam to a huge 450 all out from 152.5 overs in their first innings. He added 116 runs today after resuming the day at individual score of 127 and team score of 220 for five at the Nehru Stadium.
He got able support from lower-order batsman Syed Mohammad (89) who shared 203 runs with his skipper for the sixth wicket.
Jadhav`s double hundred overshadowed Tripura pacer Timir Chanda`s fine five-wicket haul for 74 runs from 33 overs. Tushar Saha (3/78) and Rajib Saha (2/45) were the other Tripura wicket takers.
In reply, Tripura were struggling at 72 for three from 27 overs at stumps with pacer Abu Nechim Ahmed taking two wickets for Assam while Arup Das chipping in one.
Opener Subhrajit Roy was batting on 27 and Abbas Ali was giving him company on nine.
Tripura now trail by 378 runs with seven first innings wickets in hand.
Assam 1st Innings: 450 all out in 152.5 overs (Dheeraj Jadhav 243, Syed Mohammad 89; Timir Chanda 5/74, Tushar Saha 3/78).
Tripura 1st Innings: 72 for 3 from 27 overs (Subhrajit Roy batting 27; Abu Nechi Ahmed 2/38).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days