Ranji Trophy: J&K beat Andhra by 17 runs
Anantapur (Andhra Pradesh): Jammu Kashmir completed the formalities by dismissing the two remaining Andhra Pradesh batsmen to notch up a 17-run win on the fourth and final day of their low-scoring Ranji Trophy Group C match here on Sunday.
Reduced to 79 for eight on Saturday, Andhra folded for 124 while chasing a meagre 142 for victory.
Marripuri Suresh was the lone Andhra batsman to put up a semblance of fight against J&K with a 104-ball 50, which included seven hits to the fence.
For J&K, all their bowlers delivered with Ram Dayal and Mohammed Mudhasir bagging three wickets each. Samiullah Beigh picked up two wickets.
Jammu & Kashmir: 225 and 121
Andhra Pradesh: 205 and 124 all out in 44.4 overs (Marripuri Suresh 50, Ram Dayal 3/31, Mohammed Mudhasir 3/19).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened