Ranji Trophy: Odisha post 453/6 decl, reduce Vidarbha to 14 for 2
Nagpur: Niranjan Behera and Subhrajit Sahoo slammed a century each as Odisha posted 453 for six declared before reducing Vidarbha to 14 for two at stumps on day two of their Ranji Trophy Group A match here on Friday.
Deepak Behera (58 not out) also chipped in with an important half-century.
While Niranjan scored a patient 363-ball 131 studded with 14 boundaries, Sahoo remained unbeaten on 114 that came off 218 deliveries, including 10 fours and two sixes.
The day also saw Niranjan putting on a solid 100-run stand for the sixth wicket with Sahoo, who then joined hands with Deepak to share an unbeaten 111 runs partnership for the seventh wicket.
Odisha, after resuming at 226 for three with Niranjan on 90 and his overnight partner Biplab Samantray on 31, lost the latter early. Samantray`s 40 came from 126 balls.
Niranjan went on to complete his century, while Sahoo and Deepak take the visitors to a comfortable position.
For Vidarbha, Amol Jungade was the pick of the bowlers with figures of four for 56.
In reply to Odisha`s 453, the hosts got off to a poor start, losing opener Amol Ubarhande (0) and one-down batsman Azhar Sheikh (4) for just 14 runs on the board.
At close of play, Faiz Fazal was batting on 10.
Odisha 1st innings: 453 for six declared (Niranjan Behera 131, Subhrajit Sahoo not out 114, Deepak Behera not out 58; Amol Jungade 4/56).
Vidarbha 1st innings: 14 for two in 4 overs (Faiz Fazal batting 10; Basant Mohanty 1/05).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley