Ranji Trophy: Odisha thrash Jharkhand by 9 wickets
Cuttack: Opener Girjia Rout slammed an unbeaten 67 as Odisha thrashed Jharkhand by nine wickets on the final day of their Ranji Trophy Group A fourth round match here on Sunday.
After Basant Mohanty grabbed all the nine Jharkhand wickets that fell yesterday, it was the turn of medium-pacer Alok Chandra Sahoo to take all the four remaining wickets on the fourth day morning to help Odisha dismissed the visiting side for 194 in their second innings.
Chasing 109 for a win, Odisha overhauled the target with ease as only one wicket fell, when Varun Aaron had Vikas Pati caught for 11.
Rout hit 11 boundaries in his 98-ball unbeaten 67 as he took Odisha to 109 for one in 30 overs. Odisha walked away with all the six points by virtue of the win.
Jharkhand started the day at 149 for six but Sahoo struck on the second ball of the day, dismissing Bhavik Thaker for nine.
Six overs later, Sahoo sent a well-set Pappu Singh back to the pavilion for 61. Shahbaz Nadeem and Shankar Rao resisted with scores of 20 and 10 but both fell soon, giving Sahoo figures of 4 for 42.
Odisha: 307 and 109 for 1 (Girija Rout 67 not out) beat Jharkhand 221 & 194 all out in 73.4 overs (Pappu Singh 61, Basant Mohanty 6/88, Alok Sahoo 4/42) by nine wickets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai