Ranji Trophy: Podder, Behera lead Odisha to win, 6 points against Haryana
Rohtak: Govind Podder (51) crafted a patient half-century and Deepak Behera scored a crucial unbeaten 35 under pressure to lead Odisha to a four-wicket win over Haryana in their Ranji Trophy Group B match, here on Tuesday.
Chasing 148 to win, Odisha began the fourth and the final day at 60 for three and completed the win after losing three more wickets.
Odisha earned six points, including a bonus point, from this contest at Bansi Lal Cricket Stadium.
Podder, overnight 19, and Abhilash Mallick (3) started the proceedings but Haryana immediately made it a contest when Chanderpal Saini bowled the latter in the fourth over of the day.
Wicket-keeper Halhadar Das (6) joined Podder but he too departed early after being bowled by M Sharma.
Two quick wickets sent some ripples in the visiting camp but Deepak supported Podder well and gradually took the side closer to the win.
The two shared a 43-run stand for the sixth wicket and this crucial partnership poured cold water on the hopes of the hosts.
Podder was castled by Sachin Rana when the team still required 24 runs. His 51 came off 120 balls with the help of seven shots to the fence.
Lagnajit Samal (12) and Behera guided the side home.
Behera took 96 balls for his 35 and hit six boundaries including a six in his crucial knock.
Haryana: 66 and 300 II Odisha 219 and 152/6 in 62.1 overs. (G Podder 51, D Behera 35 not out; C Saini 2/25).
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know