Ranji Trophy: Podder, Behera lead Odisha to win, 6 points against Haryana
Rohtak: Govind Podder (51) crafted a patient half-century and Deepak Behera scored a crucial unbeaten 35 under pressure to lead Odisha to a four-wicket win over Haryana in their Ranji Trophy Group B match, here on Tuesday.
Chasing 148 to win, Odisha began the fourth and the final day at 60 for three and completed the win after losing three more wickets.
Odisha earned six points, including a bonus point, from this contest at Bansi Lal Cricket Stadium.
Podder, overnight 19, and Abhilash Mallick (3) started the proceedings but Haryana immediately made it a contest when Chanderpal Saini bowled the latter in the fourth over of the day.
Wicket-keeper Halhadar Das (6) joined Podder but he too departed early after being bowled by M Sharma.
Two quick wickets sent some ripples in the visiting camp but Deepak supported Podder well and gradually took the side closer to the win.
The two shared a 43-run stand for the sixth wicket and this crucial partnership poured cold water on the hopes of the hosts.
Podder was castled by Sachin Rana when the team still required 24 runs. His 51 came off 120 balls with the help of seven shots to the fence.
Lagnajit Samal (12) and Behera guided the side home.
Behera took 96 balls for his 35 and hit six boundaries including a six in his crucial knock.
Haryana: 66 and 300 II Odisha 219 and 152/6 in 62.1 overs. (G Podder 51, D Behera 35 not out; C Saini 2/25).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata