Ranji Trophy: Punjab in trouble, trail by 183 runs
Rajkot: Saurashtra took a giant step towards qualifying for the final of the Ranji Trophy after they reduced Punjab to 294 for nine at stumps on day three of the semi-final here Friday.
Punjab trail Saurashtra, who scored 447 all out in the first innings, by 183 runs with just one wicket in hand.
Vishal Joshi was the pick of the bowlers, picking up four wickets and was well supported by medium pacer Jaydev Unadkat, who had figures of three for 52.
Punjab were given a blistering start by their openers Jiwanjot Singh (68) and Inder Singh (74) after resuming the day on 41 for no loss. The pair added 128 runs for the first wicket befor Inder was sent packing by Joshi.
His opening partner didn`t last too long either as he too was dismissed by Joshi.
Mandeep Singh (20) and Taruwar Kohli (59) looked to have stabilised things but after the dismissal of the latter, the slide began for Punjab.
Punjab at 195 for three still looked to be coasting but after Uday Kaul (31) was run out by Siddharth Trivedi, the visitors lost five wickets for 35 to put them on the backfoot.
Captain Harbhajan Singh (29) was still battling hard to save the game for his team when stumps were drawn.
Meanwhile, in Delhi, the third day`s play of other semi-final between Mumbai and Services was called off without a ball being bowled due to heavy rain.
A hailstorm and heavy rain the previous night is also said to have damaged one of the two sightscreens.
There was a steady downpour Friday, making it impossible for play to start.
Mumbai in their first innings are on 380 for six with captain Ajit Agarkar (113) and Aditya Tare (108) unbeaten at the crease.
At Rajkot: Saurashtra 477 all out vs Punjab 294 for nine in 107 overs (Inder Singh 74, Jiwanjot Singh 68, Taruwar Kohli 59; Vishal Joshi 4/59, Jaydev Unadkat 3/52)
At Delhi: Mumbai 380 for six in 143 overs (Sachin Tendulkar 56, Abhishek Nayar 70, Ajit Agarkar 113 batting, Aditya Tare 108 batting; Suraj Yadav 2/49, Shadab Nazar 2/104) vs Services
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon