Ranji Trophy: Rasool shine as J&K look for outright win against Goa
Srinagar: Promising all-rounder Parveez Rasool shone with a four-wicket haul as the Ranji Trophy Group `C` match between Jammu and Kashmir and Goa was evenly poised on the third and penultimate day at Sher-i-Kashmir stadium, here today.
Goa were 245 for nine in their second innings at stumps with an overall lead of 260 runs. Amit Yadav was unbeaten on 40 off 67 balls while Gauresh Gawas was yet to open his account.
Keenan Vaz and skipper Ravikant Shukla were the notable contributors for the visitors as Rasool spun a web around Goa batsmen to give his team a chance of an outright victory.
While Vaz struck a patient 100-ball 59 studded with six fours, Shukla`s attacking 56-ball 46 was laced with nine fours. Both the batsmen were snapped up by Rasool.
Local boy Rasool emerged as star of the day by taking four for 65 in 21 overs. The 24-year-old off-spinner always seemed to be on the lookout for wickets.
Amogh Sunil Desai became Rasool`s first victim when the opener was trapped leg before for 25. Rasool then came for his second spell and broke the 75-run fourth-wicket partnership between Vaz and Shukla to leave the visitors struggling at 163 for five.
Few overs later, Rasool packed off Shadab Jakati for 20 as Goa were left tottering at 167 for seven.
Apart from Rasool, Manik Gupta also chipped in with two wickets while Samiullah Beigh and Mohammad Mudhasir accounted for a wicket each.
Earlier, J&K, resuming at their overnight score of 282 for eight, could add only 20 runs to their first innings score before being bowled out for 302.
The hosts will now aim for an outright win or else they will have to be satisfied with a solitary point, having conceded the first innings lead.
Goa 1st innings: 317 all out in 97.1 overs.
Jammu and Kashmir 1st innings: 302 all out in 94 overs)
Goa 2nd innings: 245 for 9 in 73 overs (Keenan Vaz 59, Ravikant Shukla 46; Parveez Rasool 4/65).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users