Ranji Trophy: Saurashtra beat MP, enter knockout stage
Rajkot: Riding on a splendid bowling by debutant seamer Dharmendrasinh Jadeja, Saurashtra beat Madhya Pradesh by 227 runs on the fourth and final day of their Ranji Trophy Group A match and entered into knockout stage.
Playing his first Ranji Trophy, Jadeja scalped six wickets in Madhya Pradesh`s second innings giving away 51 runs off 26.4 overs, and was well supported by off spinner Kamlesh Makvana, who finished with three for 43.
After scoring 242 in the first innings, Saurashtra restricted MP to 135.
In the second essay, the hosts declared at 303 for four to set MP a target of 411, but the visitors were bowled out for 183.
Resuming at 89 for two, MP could add only 94 more runs before getting all out in 68.4 overs.
Jalaj Saxena (75) and Rameez Khan (31) were the only batsmen for Madhya Pradesh, who resisted Jadeja-Makvana duo.
Saxena and Khan added 85 runs for the third wicket and at that stage it looked as if MP would save the match but once Khan was bowled out by Jadeja, rest of the batsmen surrendered against the pace-spin duo.
The match was crucial for both the sides to enter into knockout rounds where MP needed only three points, while an outright win was required for the hosts.
With this win, Saurashtra earned six points and improved their position with 23 points.
Saurashtra: 242 & 303 for four decl
Madhya Pradesh: 135 & 183 all out in 68.4 overs (Jalaj Saxena 75, Rameez Khan 31; Dharmendrasinh Jadeja 6/51, Kamlesh Makvana 3-43).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi