Ranji Trophy: UP batsmen dominate proceedings against Karnataka
Meerut: Parvinder Singh struck an unbeaten century while Bhuvneshwar Kumar missed out on three-figure mark by nine runs as Uttar Pradesh extended their overall lead to a massive 445 runs against a tooth-less Karnataka attack in their Ranji Trophy Group B match, here today.
The duo added 230 runs for the fifth wicket to rescue their team from a precarious 88 for four and ended the third day at a strong 343 for five.
Having combined together at the fall of Mohammad Kaif`s wicket early on Monday, the duo showed great determination to not let Karnataka bowlers dominate the proceedings.
Parvinder (143 not out) was more aggressive of the two, not sparing any loose delivery. The right hander hit 19 fours during his unbeaten stay at the crease.
Bhuvneshwar played a perfect foil to his partner scoring at a strike rate of just below 36. However, like Parvinder, Bhuvneshwar also didn`t spare anything short or wide as he stroked 13 hits to the fence before being stumped by Robin Uthappa off Krishnappa Gowtham.
The exit of Bhuvneshwar brought Piyush Chawala to the crease and the left-hander in company of Parvinder added 25 runs for the sixth wicket before the stumps were drawn.
Karnataka batsmen were yesterday dismissed for a meagre 180 in response to hosts first innings total of 283.
Uttar Pradesh 283 and 343 for 5 in 112 overs (P Singh 143 batting, Bhuvneshwar Kumar 91; Krishnappa Gowtham 49/2).
Karnataka 1st innings: 181.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...