Ranji Trophy: Vasavada`s double ton takes Saurashtra to 570 for 7 against UP
Rajkot: Arpit Vasavada struck his maiden double century as Saurashtra piled up a huge 570 runs for seven against Uttar Pradesh on the second day of their group B Ranji Trophy match here on Friday.
Apart from Vasavad, Kamlesh Makwana (63 batting) Chirag Jani (35) contributed in the hosts cause.
Resuming at overnight 235 for four, hosts added 335 runs losing three wickets at the Saurashtra Cricket Association (SCA) stadium at Khandheri.
Overnight batsmen Sheldon Jackson, batting on 102, and Vasavada who was on 17, stretched their association to 111 before Jackson got out after making 140 facing 240 balls with 19 fours and a six.
Southpaw Vasavada then built two useful partnerships. He put on 105 runs with Jani for the sixth wicket and then added 157 runs for the seventh wicket with Makwana.
Playing his 13th Ranji Trophy match Vasavada, completed his maiden double hundred facing 317 balls, hitting 25 fours.
He however got out in the second last over of the day after making 205 spending 433 minutes at the crease facing 321 balls with 26 ours.
Giving Makwana company was Dharmendra Jadeja (2) when stumps were drawn for the day.
For Uttar Pradesh, Piyush Chawla was the pick of the bowlers, taking three wickets conceding 152 runs while Imtiaz Ahmed took two wickets giving away 97 runs.
Brief Scores: Saurashtra 570 for 7 off 180 overs (Arpit Vasavada 205, Sheldon Jackson 140, Piyush Chawla 3-157, Imtiaz Ahmed 2-97) against Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok