Rassol help J&K reach 196-7 on day 1 of Ranji Trophy
Porvorim: Middle-order batsman Parvez Rassol scored an unbeaten 90 to help Jammu and Kashmir reach 196 for seven against Goa on the opening day of the Ranji Trophy Group C match here on Friday.
Coming into bat after the fall of Arshad Bhatt with the score reading 36-2, number four batsman Rassol played patiently and anchored the innings with his 90 runs which came off 205 balls with 10 hits to the fence.
However, apart from Rassol, none of the other batsmen could stay longer as J&K kept losing wickets in regular intervals at District Institute of Education and Training Ground here.
Earlier, opener Ian Dev Singh scored 36 runs in 148 balls with four boundaries but once he was gone it was left to Rassol to anchor the innings after J&K won the toss and elected to bat first.
Sher Yadav and SS Bandekar were the best bowlers for Goa as they snapped two wickets each, while SS Dhuri, SB Jakati and AS Desai took one each.
Brief Score: J&K 196-7 in 91 overs (Parvez Rassol 90 not out; S B Yadav 2/23, SS Bandekar 2/48).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!