Rassol help J&K reach 196-7 on day 1 of Ranji Trophy
Porvorim: Middle-order batsman Parvez Rassol scored an unbeaten 90 to help Jammu and Kashmir reach 196 for seven against Goa on the opening day of the Ranji Trophy Group C match here on Friday.
Coming into bat after the fall of Arshad Bhatt with the score reading 36-2, number four batsman Rassol played patiently and anchored the innings with his 90 runs which came off 205 balls with 10 hits to the fence.
However, apart from Rassol, none of the other batsmen could stay longer as J&K kept losing wickets in regular intervals at District Institute of Education and Training Ground here.
Earlier, opener Ian Dev Singh scored 36 runs in 148 balls with four boundaries but once he was gone it was left to Rassol to anchor the innings after J&K won the toss and elected to bat first.
Sher Yadav and SS Bandekar were the best bowlers for Goa as they snapped two wickets each, while SS Dhuri, SB Jakati and AS Desai took one each.
Brief Score: J&K 196-7 in 91 overs (Parvez Rassol 90 not out; S B Yadav 2/23, SS Bandekar 2/48).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- Bigg Boss: When Kriti Sanon played Aishwarya Rai’s part to romance Salman Khan
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights