Ratra hits century for Tripura in drawn affair against J&K
Jammu: Tripura captain Ajay Ratra`s unbeaten 103 was the only bright spot in their inconsequential Ranji Trophy Group C match against hosts Jammu and Kashmir which ended in a tame draw here on Tuesday.
The match hardly had any significance as both Tripura and J&K were out of the quarter-final race before the start of the tie.
With almost one and half day`s play lost due to rain, Ratra utilised the opportunity to get some much-needed batting practice and scored a unbeaten century of 177 balls that was laced with 11 hits to the fence and one six.
Riding on Ratra`s 103, Subhrajit Roy`s 86 and Abbas Ali`s 64, Tripura declared the first innings at 355 for eight.
For J&K, off-spinner Parvez Rassol picked up six wickets for 91 runs.
In reply, J&K made 47 for one in 11 overs before the match was called off.
While Tripura ended the season on a disappointing note, finishing at the bottom of Group C with just 10 points, J&K were placed at the seventh position with 15 points.
Tripura: 355 for eight decl in 125.4 overs (Ajay Ratra 103 not out, Subhrajit Roy 86, Abbas Ali 64; Parvez Rassol 6/91)
J&K: 47 for one in 11 overs (Parvez Rassol 27 not out; Abhijit Dey 1/10).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'