Ratra hits century for Tripura in drawn affair against J&K
Jammu: Tripura captain Ajay Ratra`s unbeaten 103 was the only bright spot in their inconsequential Ranji Trophy Group C match against hosts Jammu and Kashmir which ended in a tame draw here on Tuesday.
The match hardly had any significance as both Tripura and J&K were out of the quarter-final race before the start of the tie.
With almost one and half day`s play lost due to rain, Ratra utilised the opportunity to get some much-needed batting practice and scored a unbeaten century of 177 balls that was laced with 11 hits to the fence and one six.
Riding on Ratra`s 103, Subhrajit Roy`s 86 and Abbas Ali`s 64, Tripura declared the first innings at 355 for eight.
For J&K, off-spinner Parvez Rassol picked up six wickets for 91 runs.
In reply, J&K made 47 for one in 11 overs before the match was called off.
While Tripura ended the season on a disappointing note, finishing at the bottom of Group C with just 10 points, J&K were placed at the seventh position with 15 points.
Tripura: 355 for eight decl in 125.4 overs (Ajay Ratra 103 not out, Subhrajit Roy 86, Abbas Ali 64; Parvez Rassol 6/91)
J&K: 47 for one in 11 overs (Parvez Rassol 27 not out; Abhijit Dey 1/10).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Say hello to 'nastiest' star ever
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy