Rayudu hits 85, UP bowl out Baroda for 254
Kanpur: With a knock of 85, Ambati Rayudu proved to be the lone ranger for Baroda, who were bowled out for 254 in their Group B Ranji Trophy match against Uttar Pradesh here today.
At stumps on the first day, Uttar Pradesh were 18 for no loss in six overs, with Tanmay Srivastava and Mukul Dagar at the crease.
Medium-pacer Ankit Rajpoot starred with the ball returning figures of four for 62, while Piyush Chawla picked up three for 78.
Bhuvneshwar Kumar finished with two wickets after his side opted to field on winning the toss at the Green Park stadium.
After a disastrous start, skipper Rayudu along with Kedar Devdhar (65 off 123 balls), 104 runs for the fifth wicket to steady the innings.
Rayudu hit 13 fours and faced 137 balls, while Devdhar struck eight boundaries in his 123-ball knock.
Baroda 1st innings: 254 all out in 83.3 overs (Ambati Rayudu 85, Kedar Devdhar 65; Ankit Rajpoot 4/62, Piyush Chawla 3/78).
Uttar Pradesh 1st innings: 18 for no loss in six overs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IPL 2016: Kieron Pollard expresses shock over Dwayne Bravo's fine, calls it 'ridiculous'
- IPL 9 VIDEO: Guess who led Kolkata Knight Riders' playoffs celebrations!
- Salman Khan flexes his muscles in new 'Sultan' still! See pic
- Answering machine, chats on QR code coming soon on WhatsApp!
- Jiah Khan case: HC stays trial against Sooraj Pancholi; Rabia's plea to be heard on June 7