Reddy, Vihari hit big tons for Hyderabad
Hyderabad: Akshath Reddy and Hanuma Vihari helped Hyderabad close in on Mumbai`s first-innings total, but were unfortunate to miss what would have been well-deserved double centuries, in their Ranji Trophy match on Monday.
Opener Reddy made 196 after spending 576 minutes in the middle, while Vihari scored 191 during his 496-minute knock, as Hyderabad finished the third day on 423 for three in reply to Mumbai`s 443 at the Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium.
While Reddy hit 27 fours and six while facing 426 balls, Vihari`s 331-ball knock was laced with 18 hits to the boundary.
Resuming on overnight 138 for one, Reddy and Vihari put together a monumental partnership of 386 runs for the second wicket, which pushed the visitors onto the backfoot in the Group A match.
With seven wickets remaining, the hosts are expected to make the required 20 runs and take the crucial first-innings lead.
None of the Mumbai bowlers could make much of an impact, and struggled to counter the challenge posed by the duo of Reddy and Vihari.
Reddy and one-down bat, Vihari, were overnight 63 and 53, respectively. Both of them were out in similar fashion, though to different bowlers.
Mumbai: 443 all out in 126.3 overs
Hyderabad: 423 for three in 135 overs (Akshath Reddy 196, Hanuma Vihari 191).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!