Reedy picks four, Jackson hits 67
Hyderabad: A Ashish Reddy picked up four wickets for Hyderabad before Sheldon Jackson`s 67 helped Saurashtra finish the first day of their Group A Ranji Trophy match at 251 for seven here on Saturday.
Electing to bat, Saurashtra were off to a poor start, losing Chirag Pathak early. Sagar Jogiyani followed suit while Ravindra Jadeja fell some time later to leave the visitors struggling at 66 for three in the 30th over.
Bhushan Chauhan and Jaydev Shah did the recovery act with a 52-run stand for the fourth wicket. However, both fell for identical scores of 47.
Jackson then joined forces with Kamlesh Makvana (26) to raise 83 runs for the seventh wicket at the Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium.
Jackson struck seven fours during his 100-ball knock and spent 143 minutes in the middle.
Sandeep Maniar too showed a lot of determination on his way to an unbeaten 17 off 36 balls.
Meanwhile, Saurashtra got wickets at regular intervals with Reddy leading the way.
There was a wicket apiece for A Lalith Mohan, Vishal Sharma and Akash Bhandari.
Saurashtra: 251 for sevn in 90 overs (Sheldon Jackson 67, Bhishan Chauhan 47, Jaydev Shah 47; A Ashish Reddy 4/52).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP