Reedy picks four, Jackson hits 67
Hyderabad: A Ashish Reddy picked up four wickets for Hyderabad before Sheldon Jackson`s 67 helped Saurashtra finish the first day of their Group A Ranji Trophy match at 251 for seven here on Saturday.
Electing to bat, Saurashtra were off to a poor start, losing Chirag Pathak early. Sagar Jogiyani followed suit while Ravindra Jadeja fell some time later to leave the visitors struggling at 66 for three in the 30th over.
Bhushan Chauhan and Jaydev Shah did the recovery act with a 52-run stand for the fourth wicket. However, both fell for identical scores of 47.
Jackson then joined forces with Kamlesh Makvana (26) to raise 83 runs for the seventh wicket at the Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium.
Jackson struck seven fours during his 100-ball knock and spent 143 minutes in the middle.
Sandeep Maniar too showed a lot of determination on his way to an unbeaten 17 off 36 balls.
Meanwhile, Saurashtra got wickets at regular intervals with Reddy leading the way.
There was a wicket apiece for A Lalith Mohan, Vishal Sharma and Akash Bhandari.
Saurashtra: 251 for sevn in 90 overs (Sheldon Jackson 67, Bhishan Chauhan 47, Jaydev Shah 47; A Ashish Reddy 4/52).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi