Reedy picks four, Jackson hits 67
Hyderabad: A Ashish Reddy picked up four wickets for Hyderabad before Sheldon Jackson`s 67 helped Saurashtra finish the first day of their Group A Ranji Trophy match at 251 for seven here on Saturday.
Electing to bat, Saurashtra were off to a poor start, losing Chirag Pathak early. Sagar Jogiyani followed suit while Ravindra Jadeja fell some time later to leave the visitors struggling at 66 for three in the 30th over.
Bhushan Chauhan and Jaydev Shah did the recovery act with a 52-run stand for the fourth wicket. However, both fell for identical scores of 47.
Jackson then joined forces with Kamlesh Makvana (26) to raise 83 runs for the seventh wicket at the Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium.
Jackson struck seven fours during his 100-ball knock and spent 143 minutes in the middle.
Sandeep Maniar too showed a lot of determination on his way to an unbeaten 17 off 36 balls.
Meanwhile, Saurashtra got wickets at regular intervals with Reddy leading the way.
There was a wicket apiece for A Lalith Mohan, Vishal Sharma and Akash Bhandari.
Saurashtra: 251 for sevn in 90 overs (Sheldon Jackson 67, Bhishan Chauhan 47, Jaydev Shah 47; A Ashish Reddy 4/52).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi