Rohit Sharma reprimanded for show of ire at umpire
Mumbai: Mumbai skipper Rohit Sharma was on Tuesday reprimanded by BCCI match referee P Kalyan Sunderam for showing dissent at the umpire`s decision during the fourth and final day`s play in the Ranji Trophy league game against Bengal.
Sharma showed his disgust when umpire Sudhir Asnani turned down a caught behind appeal against Wridhman Saha off Avishkar Salvi when the batsman was battling hard to save the game for his team.
The Mumbai captain flung his cap on the ground and was also seen spitting after the umpire did not give Saha out when the ball passed close to his bat as he tried to withdraw it.
Sharma was obviously upset at a dropped catch earlier by teammate Kshemal Waingankar off Saha when the batsman was on 7 and the umpire`s dismissal of the home team`s confident appeal triggered the angry reaction which was witnessed by the umpires and the match referee.
Saha remained unbeaten on 38 and helped Bengal save the game from a precarious situation of 166 for 5 after lunch.
"Rohit has been reprimanded by the match referee," said Mumbai team manager Shrikant Tigdi when contacted by PTI after the drawn encounter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP