Roy century takes Tripura to 325/4
Nadaun: Subhrajit Roy slammed an aggressive 111 as Tripura scored a comfortable 325 for four on the opening day of their Ranji Trophy group league match against Himachal Pradesh here on Saturday.
Roy stitched 160 runs for the third wicket with S Abbas Ali (83) after Tripura were reduced to 61 for two after being asked to bat. Roy hit 20 fours in his 200-ball knock.
Captain and wicket-keeper Ajay Ratra was batting on 55 and Abhijit Dey was giving him company on 26 when the stumps were drawn after 88 overs in the Group C match at Atal Bihari Vajpayee Stadium.
For Himachal, Rishi Dhawan took two wickets for 83 runs while Vikramjit Malik and Rahul Singh chipped in with a wicket each.
Tripura 1st Innings: 325 for four in 88 overs (Subhrajit Roy, S Abbas Ali 83; Rishi Dhawan 2/83).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?