Sachin Tendulkar scores ton in Ranji quarterfinal
Mumbai: Sachin Tendulkar, who has quit One-Day International (ODI) cricket, scored his 80th first class century for Mumbai in the Ranji Trophy quarterfinal against Baroda at the Wankhede Stadium Sunday.
The 39-year-old nudged one to long leg for a couple to bring up his 18th Ranji hundred.
He is now one short of the Indian record held by Sunil Gavaskar, who scored 81 first class hundreds. In Ranji Trophy, Gavaskar hit 20 hundreds.
Teammate Wasim Jaffer is batting on 130 while Tendulkar is at 102. Mumbai were 257/2 on the first day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail