Sachin Tendulkar scores ton in Ranji quarterfinal
Mumbai: Sachin Tendulkar, who has quit One-Day International (ODI) cricket, scored his 80th first class century for Mumbai in the Ranji Trophy quarterfinal against Baroda at the Wankhede Stadium Sunday.
The 39-year-old nudged one to long leg for a couple to bring up his 18th Ranji hundred.
He is now one short of the Indian record held by Sunil Gavaskar, who scored 81 first class hundreds. In Ranji Trophy, Gavaskar hit 20 hundreds.
Teammate Wasim Jaffer is batting on 130 while Tendulkar is at 102. Mumbai were 257/2 on the first day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- North Korea floats propaganda leaflets in river for 1st time
- WATCH: Chilling video of Gwalior road mishap and miraculous escape of two scooty riders
- 'Sultan' moment: Salman Khan, nephew Ahil clicked in wrestling mood
- Palestinian killed in exchange of fire with Israeli army
- Girl commits suicide after being ragged in Kerala, three final year students arrested