Sachin Tendulkar slams 79th first class century
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Mumbai: Master Blaster Sachin Tendulkar marked his return to form slamming a century for Mumbai on the opening day of the Ranji Trophy match against Railways on Friday.
Tendulkar scored 137 off 136 deliveries before getting caught by Madkaikar off Anureet Singh.
The 39-year-old took 103 balls to reach his 79th first class century.
This is Tendulkar's first Ranji appearance since the final against UP at Hyderabad in 2009.
With this ton, he is now just two short of Sunil Gavaskar's record of 81 first class centuries.
Tendulkar decided to appear for Mumbai to gain some confidence and get back into some groove before the first Test against the visiting England side begins from November 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed