Sachin told me to be consistent: Dabholkar
Mumbai: Ranji debutant Vishal Dabholkar, who was impressive with his three-wicket haul against Baroda in the ongoing quarter-final match here, today said that he got advice to maintain consistency from senior batsman Sachin Tendulkar.
The 25-year old made his debut for the 39-time champions in this match and was presented the Mumbai cap by Tendulkar.
"Sachin Tendulkar gave me the cap. He told me to do well and said I have a long way to go. He said don`t stop here," Dabholkar said.
"Sachin sir told me to remain consistent and said everything else will follow. Ajit (Agarkar) and Wasim (Jaffer) also told me the same thing," he said.
Dabholkar had provided the breakthrough for his side, after Baroda openers had forged a 102-run stand. He scalped three wickets for 88 runs in the first innings.
The left-arm spinner was pleased with his performance and said, "I am very happy with the three wickets. Especially in Mumbai, under Sachin, Ajit, Wasim, who are Test players, to perform well is a big thing. I am happy that I performed well."
On the long wait he endured to make it into the Ranji playing eleven, he said, "You have to toil a lot to get into the Mumbai team. You are not selected in the team based on a single performance. To get into the playing 11 is a big thing."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow