Sairaj Bahatule retires from First Class cricket
Nagpur: Former India leg-spinner Sairaj Bahatule, 39, today announced retirement from all forms of first class cricket.
Bahutule, who was Vidarbha`s coach-cum-captain, called it quits after his side drew their last Ranji trophy match against Delhi at the VCA civil lines ground here today.
Speaking at a press conference, Sairaj said that high point of his career was donning India colours and captaining Mumbai to a Ranji Trophy win.
He said he enjoyed playing the game during his entire career and will for now focus on coaching. He will continue to be the coach of the VCA team till the end of the season and will assist im preparation for the one-day format and T20 Games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- MUST WATCH: One to be treasured! Virat Kohli's 200 and Sunil Gavaskar's generous applause
- SCOPE for accountability check of NGOs getting funds from PSUs
- Govt to invest Rs 200 crore on scaling up existing incubators
- MUST WATCH VIDEO FOR ALL CRICKET FANS: When Rahul Dravid found himself stranded against XI South Africans
- Dayashankar row: How sympathising BSP leader Nasimuddin Siddiqui turns into a 'villain' – READ