Sairaj Bahatule retires from First Class cricket
Nagpur: Former India leg-spinner Sairaj Bahatule, 39, today announced retirement from all forms of first class cricket.
Bahutule, who was Vidarbha`s coach-cum-captain, called it quits after his side drew their last Ranji trophy match against Delhi at the VCA civil lines ground here today.
Speaking at a press conference, Sairaj said that high point of his career was donning India colours and captaining Mumbai to a Ranji Trophy win.
He said he enjoyed playing the game during his entire career and will for now focus on coaching. He will continue to be the coach of the VCA team till the end of the season and will assist im preparation for the one-day format and T20 Games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj