Sairaj Bahatule retires from First Class cricket
Nagpur: Former India leg-spinner Sairaj Bahatule, 39, today announced retirement from all forms of first class cricket.
Bahutule, who was Vidarbha`s coach-cum-captain, called it quits after his side drew their last Ranji trophy match against Delhi at the VCA civil lines ground here today.
Speaking at a press conference, Sairaj said that high point of his career was donning India colours and captaining Mumbai to a Ranji Trophy win.
He said he enjoyed playing the game during his entire career and will for now focus on coaching. He will continue to be the coach of the VCA team till the end of the season and will assist im preparation for the one-day format and T20 Games.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India