Sairaj Bahatule retires from First Class cricket
Nagpur: Former India leg-spinner Sairaj Bahatule, 39, today announced retirement from all forms of first class cricket.
Bahutule, who was Vidarbha`s coach-cum-captain, called it quits after his side drew their last Ranji trophy match against Delhi at the VCA civil lines ground here today.
Speaking at a press conference, Sairaj said that high point of his career was donning India colours and captaining Mumbai to a Ranji Trophy win.
He said he enjoyed playing the game during his entire career and will for now focus on coaching. He will continue to be the coach of the VCA team till the end of the season and will assist im preparation for the one-day format and T20 Games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!