Sairaj Bahatule retires from First Class cricket
Nagpur: Former India leg-spinner Sairaj Bahatule, 39, today announced retirement from all forms of first class cricket.
Bahutule, who was Vidarbha`s coach-cum-captain, called it quits after his side drew their last Ranji trophy match against Delhi at the VCA civil lines ground here today.
Speaking at a press conference, Sairaj said that high point of his career was donning India colours and captaining Mumbai to a Ranji Trophy win.
He said he enjoyed playing the game during his entire career and will for now focus on coaching. He will continue to be the coach of the VCA team till the end of the season and will assist im preparation for the one-day format and T20 Games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Big clash of 2016: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' head on with Prabhas and SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' at the Box Office?