Samit, Rujul strikes tons, help Gujarat draw against Punjab
Mohali: Samit Gohel and Samit Gohel struck unbeaten centuries in their 210-run partnership to help Gujarat eke out a draw against Punjab in their Ranji Trophy Group A match, here today.
Chasing 355 runs for win but with only seven wickets in hand, Gohel and Bhatt resumed Gujarat second innings and batted through the day to save the match.
Gujarat had ended third day at a precarious 33 for three and all the responsibility to save the match was on them and did not disappoint the visitors, who ended at 224 for three.
Gohel remained unbeaten on 102 and Bhatt on exactly 100.
Gohel`s knock came off 280 balls with 10 boundaries while Bhatt faced 284 balls and hit 16 shots to the fence.
They shared an unbeaten 210-run stand for the fourth wicket.
It was a much better batting show by the visitors, who were bundled out for a mere 127 in their first essay.
Punjab on the basis of their first innings lead, earned three points while Gujarat pocketed one.
Punjab: 172 and 309
Gujarat: 127 and 224 for 3 in 101.5 overs (Samit Gohel 102 not out, Rujul Bhatt 100 not out; Sandeep Sharma 2/43).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing