Sandeep`s 4/36 helps Vidarbha thrash Haryana
Rohtak: Pacer Sandeep Singh grabbed four wickets in an impressive spell to help Vidarbha thrash Haryana by eight wickets on the third day of their opening Ranji Trophy group game here on Sunday.
Sandeep (4/36) dismissed two Haryana batsmen in the space of three balls, five overs into the day, before claiming two more wickets later as Vidarbha shot out the home side for 183 in 79.4 overs in their second innings.
Vidarbha, who had a 150-run lead in the first innings, needed just 34 runs for a win which they notched up easily, reaching 37 for two in 15 overs in their second innings at the Bansi Lal Cricket Stadium.
Chanderpal Saini claimed both the Vidarbha wickets at the expense of 11 runs.
Earlier, Haryana resumed at 103 for three but their two batsmen fell in no time with the addition of just three runs. Both Abhimanyu Khod and Priyank Tehlan fell at the same total of 106.
Soon Sandeep removed Haryana captain Amit Mishra to reduce the home side to 123 for six before Chanderpal Saini and Kuldeep Hooda fell at the same score of 128.
Overnight batsman Abhimanyu Khod was the highest scorer for Haryana today with 28 and he was the ninth batsman out at the team score of 147.
The last wicket pair of Amit Vashisht and Mohit Sharma resisted for a brief while for a lost cause by adding 36 runs before the later was out for 14.
Besides Sandeep`s 4/36, Shrikant Wagh and Sairaj Bahutule took two and one wicket respectively for Vidarbha.
Haryana: 55 & 183 all out in 79.4 overs (Abhimanyu Khod 28; Sandeep Singh 4/36) vs Vidarbha 205 & 37 for two in 15 overs (Faiz Fazal not out 13; Chanderpal Saini 2/11).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender