Saurashtra 272/5 against Karnataka on Day 1
Rajkot: Middle-order batsman Sheldon Jackson`s 83 and contributions from Shitanshu Kotak and Arpit Vasavada helped Saurashtra make 272 for five on the opening day of five-day Ranji Trophy quarter final against Karnataka here at Saurashtra University ground.
Saurashtra skipper Jaydev Shah won the toss and decided to bat but opener Sagar Jogiyani exited early, making only 9 runs.
However, Kotak (46 runs, 132 balls, 5X4) and Cheteshwar Pujara (37 runs, 49 balls, 7X4) steadied the hosts` innings.
After the hosts lost both the set batsmen in a quick succession, Jackson and Vasavada added 93 runs for the fifth wicket, before Jackson`s 128 balls inning was brought to an end by left-arm spinner KP Appanna.
Jackson made 83, hitting 12 fours and a six. Vasavada was batting on 49 and Chirag Jani is on 13 when stumps were drawn.
For Karnataka, Abhimanyu Mithun got two wickets conceding 47 runs while S Shivalingaiah, Appanna and K Gautam had a wicket each.
Brief Score: Saurashtra 272 for 5 (Sheldon Jackson, Sitanshu Kotak 46, Arpit Vasavada batting 49, Abhimanyu Mithun 2-47) against Karnataka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'