Saurashtra 272/5 against Karnataka on Day 1
Rajkot: Middle-order batsman Sheldon Jackson`s 83 and contributions from Shitanshu Kotak and Arpit Vasavada helped Saurashtra make 272 for five on the opening day of five-day Ranji Trophy quarter final against Karnataka here at Saurashtra University ground.
Saurashtra skipper Jaydev Shah won the toss and decided to bat but opener Sagar Jogiyani exited early, making only 9 runs.
However, Kotak (46 runs, 132 balls, 5X4) and Cheteshwar Pujara (37 runs, 49 balls, 7X4) steadied the hosts` innings.
After the hosts lost both the set batsmen in a quick succession, Jackson and Vasavada added 93 runs for the fifth wicket, before Jackson`s 128 balls inning was brought to an end by left-arm spinner KP Appanna.
Jackson made 83, hitting 12 fours and a six. Vasavada was batting on 49 and Chirag Jani is on 13 when stumps were drawn.
For Karnataka, Abhimanyu Mithun got two wickets conceding 47 runs while S Shivalingaiah, Appanna and K Gautam had a wicket each.
Brief Score: Saurashtra 272 for 5 (Sheldon Jackson, Sitanshu Kotak 46, Arpit Vasavada batting 49, Abhimanyu Mithun 2-47) against Karnataka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves