Saurashtra 272/5 against Karnataka on Day 1
Rajkot: Middle-order batsman Sheldon Jackson`s 83 and contributions from Shitanshu Kotak and Arpit Vasavada helped Saurashtra make 272 for five on the opening day of five-day Ranji Trophy quarter final against Karnataka here at Saurashtra University ground.
Saurashtra skipper Jaydev Shah won the toss and decided to bat but opener Sagar Jogiyani exited early, making only 9 runs.
However, Kotak (46 runs, 132 balls, 5X4) and Cheteshwar Pujara (37 runs, 49 balls, 7X4) steadied the hosts` innings.
After the hosts lost both the set batsmen in a quick succession, Jackson and Vasavada added 93 runs for the fifth wicket, before Jackson`s 128 balls inning was brought to an end by left-arm spinner KP Appanna.
Jackson made 83, hitting 12 fours and a six. Vasavada was batting on 49 and Chirag Jani is on 13 when stumps were drawn.
For Karnataka, Abhimanyu Mithun got two wickets conceding 47 runs while S Shivalingaiah, Appanna and K Gautam had a wicket each.
Brief Score: Saurashtra 272 for 5 (Sheldon Jackson, Sitanshu Kotak 46, Arpit Vasavada batting 49, Abhimanyu Mithun 2-47) against Karnataka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Asafa Powell fills Usain Bolt`s shoes and targets personal best