Saurashtra 272/5 against Karnataka on Day 1
Rajkot: Middle-order batsman Sheldon Jackson`s 83 and contributions from Shitanshu Kotak and Arpit Vasavada helped Saurashtra make 272 for five on the opening day of five-day Ranji Trophy quarter final against Karnataka here at Saurashtra University ground.
Saurashtra skipper Jaydev Shah won the toss and decided to bat but opener Sagar Jogiyani exited early, making only 9 runs.
However, Kotak (46 runs, 132 balls, 5X4) and Cheteshwar Pujara (37 runs, 49 balls, 7X4) steadied the hosts` innings.
After the hosts lost both the set batsmen in a quick succession, Jackson and Vasavada added 93 runs for the fifth wicket, before Jackson`s 128 balls inning was brought to an end by left-arm spinner KP Appanna.
Jackson made 83, hitting 12 fours and a six. Vasavada was batting on 49 and Chirag Jani is on 13 when stumps were drawn.
For Karnataka, Abhimanyu Mithun got two wickets conceding 47 runs while S Shivalingaiah, Appanna and K Gautam had a wicket each.
Brief Score: Saurashtra 272 for 5 (Sheldon Jackson, Sitanshu Kotak 46, Arpit Vasavada batting 49, Abhimanyu Mithun 2-47) against Karnataka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory