Saurashtra eyeing outright win on last day against Hyderabad
Hyderabad: Favourites Saurashtra will be eyeing an outright win over Hyderabad after taking an overall lead of 344 runs at stumps on the third and penultimate day of their Ranji Trophy Group A match, here today.
At close, Saurashtra were comfortably placed at 270 for six in their second innings with wicketkeeper Sagar Jogiyani top-scoring with a 195-ball 69, followed by handy contributions from skipper Jaydev Shah (55), opener Chirag Pathak (43) and unbeaten Shitanshu Kotak (47).
Kamlesh Makvana is the other batsman on 10 at the crease.
For Hyderabad, leg-spinner Akash Bhandari (4/92) accounted for four of the six Saurashtra wickets that fell today while pacer Ashish Reddy (2/31) picked up the remaining two wickets.
With an imposing lead in their hand, Saurashtra is expected to press for an outright victory by declaring their second innings early tomorrow morning, which will give the visitors enough time to bowl out Hyderabad on a torn-out fourth day pitch of the Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium.
Earlier, Ravindra Jadeja snapped six wickets in a brilliant bowling performance to help Saurashtra shot out Hyderabad for a paltry 186 to take a crucial 74-run first-innings lead yesterday.
Saurashtra 1st Innings: 260 & 270 for six in 90 overs (Sagar Jogiyani 69, Jaydev Shah 55; Akash Bhandadri 4/92).
Hyderabad 1st Innings: 186 all out in 87.3 overs (Akshath Reddy 51, Syed Quadri 48 not out; Ravindra Jadeja 6/71).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read