Saurashtra in command against MP
Rajkot: Saurashtra bowlers produced a sterling performance to put them in a commanding position in their Group `A` Ranji Trophy match against Madhya Pradesh here on Sunday.
After posting 242 in their first innings, Saurashtra, inspired by left-arm seamer Jaydev Unadkat`s triple blows at the top, bundled out the visitors for only 135 in 237 minutes of batting during which a little over were 60 overs were bowled.
The hosts had extended their lead to 125 after reaching 18 for one in their second innings.
At stumps on the second day of this last group league match, opener Shitanshu Kotak and Cheteshwar Pujara were batting for Saurashtra.
Barring Naman Ojha who top-scored with 44, none of the Madhya Pradesh batsman could make much of an impact at the Saurashtra Cricket Association Stadium. Udit Birla contributed with 34 runs.
The visitors` spirits were a bit dampened by the no-balling of debutant offspinner Ajay Rajput for a suspect action. He was reportedly called once each by the on-field umpires K Srinath and R Subramanium.
The no-balls came in the 56th and 69th overs of the Saurashtra innings. Rajput did not bowl after finishing the 69th over.
Apart from Unadkat who returned figures of 3/20, Vishal Joshi (3/17) and Dharmendrasinh Jadeja (3/51) were also among the wickets.
Earlier, Saurashtra had resumed from overnight 212 for nine.
Saurashtra: 242 all out in 104.5 overs ( Aarpit Vasavada 54, Sheldon Jackson 53, Kamlesh Makvana 51; Ishwar Pandey 3/43) and 18 for one.
Madhya Pradesh 1st innings: 135 all out in 60.2 overs (Naman Ojha 44; Jaydev Unadkat 3/20, Vishal Joshi 3/17, Dharmendrasinh Jadeja 3/51).
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!