Saurashtra in command against MP
Rajkot: Saurashtra bowlers produced a sterling performance to put them in a commanding position in their Group `A` Ranji Trophy match against Madhya Pradesh here on Sunday.
After posting 242 in their first innings, Saurashtra, inspired by left-arm seamer Jaydev Unadkat`s triple blows at the top, bundled out the visitors for only 135 in 237 minutes of batting during which a little over were 60 overs were bowled.
The hosts had extended their lead to 125 after reaching 18 for one in their second innings.
At stumps on the second day of this last group league match, opener Shitanshu Kotak and Cheteshwar Pujara were batting for Saurashtra.
Barring Naman Ojha who top-scored with 44, none of the Madhya Pradesh batsman could make much of an impact at the Saurashtra Cricket Association Stadium. Udit Birla contributed with 34 runs.
The visitors` spirits were a bit dampened by the no-balling of debutant offspinner Ajay Rajput for a suspect action. He was reportedly called once each by the on-field umpires K Srinath and R Subramanium.
The no-balls came in the 56th and 69th overs of the Saurashtra innings. Rajput did not bowl after finishing the 69th over.
Apart from Unadkat who returned figures of 3/20, Vishal Joshi (3/17) and Dharmendrasinh Jadeja (3/51) were also among the wickets.
Earlier, Saurashtra had resumed from overnight 212 for nine.
Saurashtra: 242 all out in 104.5 overs ( Aarpit Vasavada 54, Sheldon Jackson 53, Kamlesh Makvana 51; Ishwar Pandey 3/43) and 18 for one.
Madhya Pradesh 1st innings: 135 all out in 60.2 overs (Naman Ojha 44; Jaydev Unadkat 3/20, Vishal Joshi 3/17, Dharmendrasinh Jadeja 3/51).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof