Saxena ton helps MP earn 3 points against Hyderabad
Hyderabad: Jalaj Saxena`s patient century helped Madhya Pradesh walk away with three points from their drawn Group A Ranji Trophy encounter against Hyderabad, here on Monday.
If skipper Devendra Bundela`s ton (142) yesterday stabilised Madhya Pradesh`s innings, Saxena`s effort on the fourth and final day of the match powered them past Hyderabad`s first-innings total of 341.
Madhya Pradesh declared their innings after scoring 431 for eight in 191 overs at the Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium.
Saxena found the fence 15 times during his knock of 142 that came off 332 balls and consumed 405 minutes.
Starting the day at 265 for five with overnight centurion Bundela who was unbeaten on 106 and Saxena, batting on 61, Madhya Pradesh lost the former after he added 36 runs to his score, which also ended a 204-run partnership for the sixth wicket.
But by the time Vishal Sharma had Bundela caught off his own bowling, Madhya Pradesh had taken the crucial first-innings lead.
Bundela`s knock included 12 fours and two sixes. He faced 437 balls and spent 582 minutes in the middle.
For the home side, there were two wickets apiece for Hanuma Vihari, Mohammed Khader and Pagaladala Naidu.
Hyderabad got a point from the match under the new BCCI rules.
Hyderabad: 341 all out and 8 for no loss in 8 overs
Madhya Pradesh 1st Innings: 431 for 8 decl in 191 overs (D Bundela 142, Jalaj Saxena 142).
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list