Sehwag`s stitches not a worry: Dahiya
Ghaziabad: Delhi coach Vijay Dahiya Sunday said skipper Virender Sehwag has got stitches on his index finger due to an injury but added that it is not a serious cause of concern for the star cricket batsman.
Sehwag got injured while fielding during the Uttar Pradesh innings in the Ranji Trophy Group B tie being played here when he dropped an edge by Mohammed Kaif at the slips.
"He got the cut yesterday (Saturday) while fielding. But it is nothing to worry about. He looks in good form. He batted well for an hour and a half," said Dahiya, who is a former India wicketkeeper.
Sehwag did not come out to field Sunday morning and only came out to bat at No.6 when Delhi were in more than a spot of bother at 146/4 in the second innings, still trailing hosts Uttar Pradesh by 22 runs.
"Well, he needed time for his injury to heal. He was taking time out as a precaution and hence did not field during the Uttar Pradesh innings or open the Delhi innings. We let the other batsmen go in early as he had got a few stitches on his index finger," said Dahiya.
Importantly, the new Sandip Patil-led selection committee will be selecting the India team Monday for the first Test match against England Nov 15-19 at Ahmedabad.
On being asked whether Sehwag will be available for selection, Dahiya refused to comment stating: "I am no one to comment on that but you saw him bat out there. He looked perfectly fine."
Sehwag made 21 runs, including three boundaries, and has to play a big innings to save Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- Mulayam, Akhilesh scared of me; not allowing Muslim leaders in SP to speak up, alleges Asaduddin Owaisi