Services all out for 185
New Delhi: Fine bowling by Ajay Yadav (5 for 30) and Shahbaz Nadeem (3 for 42) enabled Jharkhand bundle out Services for a mere 185 on the opening day of their Group C Ranji Trophy match here on Saturday.
In reply to Services` first innings score, Jharkhand reached four for no loss at stumps with Akash Verma not out on 2 and Shahbaz Nadeem on one.
Put in to bat, Services kept losing wickets at regular interval even as opener Soumik Chatterjee held fort at one end.
Chatterjee top scored with 97 off 248 balls, studded with 13 fours and a six, but none of the other batsmen could show any application.
The only players to have chipped in with some runs were Sarabjit Singh (22) and Nakul Verma (21).
Apart from Yadav and Nadeem, Samar Quadri (1/45) and Shankar Rao (1/47) claimed wicket apiece for Jharkhand.
Services: 185 all out in 80.1 overs (Soumik Chatterjee 97, Sarabjit Singh 22; Ajay Yadav 5/30, Shahbaz Nadeem 3/42).
Jharkhand: Four for no loss in 4 overs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row