Services all out for 185
New Delhi: Fine bowling by Ajay Yadav (5 for 30) and Shahbaz Nadeem (3 for 42) enabled Jharkhand bundle out Services for a mere 185 on the opening day of their Group C Ranji Trophy match here on Saturday.
In reply to Services` first innings score, Jharkhand reached four for no loss at stumps with Akash Verma not out on 2 and Shahbaz Nadeem on one.
Put in to bat, Services kept losing wickets at regular interval even as opener Soumik Chatterjee held fort at one end.
Chatterjee top scored with 97 off 248 balls, studded with 13 fours and a six, but none of the other batsmen could show any application.
The only players to have chipped in with some runs were Sarabjit Singh (22) and Nakul Verma (21).
Apart from Yadav and Nadeem, Samar Quadri (1/45) and Shankar Rao (1/47) claimed wicket apiece for Jharkhand.
Services: 185 all out in 80.1 overs (Soumik Chatterjee 97, Sarabjit Singh 22; Ajay Yadav 5/30, Shahbaz Nadeem 3/42).
Jharkhand: Four for no loss in 4 overs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test