Services-Goa game ends in a draw; Services earn three points
Porvorim: Fine bowling by Yashpal Singh restricted Goa from taking the first innings lead and helped Services earn three points from their drawn Ranji Trophy Group C match on the fourth and final day here on Tuesday.
In reply to Services first innings total of 473, Goa resumed on 312 for five today and eventually got bundled out for 381 with Yashpal Singh and Shadab Nazar taking four quick wicket between them today.
Yashpal accounted for two wickets today to finish with impressive figures of four for 12.
Starting the day on 312 for five, Ravikant Shukla departed without adding a single run to his overnight score of 78. Rohit Asnodkar, resuming on 52, however, played a responsible knock.
He tried hard to take the hosts` past Services first innings total in the company of the tailenders but wickets kept falling at the other end.
Rohit was the ninth batsman to get out for a well-made 83 off 223 balls with the help of seven hits to the fence.
Services reached 99 for two in their second innings before the stumps were drawn on the final day.
Goa: 381 all out in 152.1 overs (Rohit Asnodkar 83; Yashpal Singh 4/12).
Services: 473 & 99 for two in 39 overs (Anshul Gupta batting 62).
Points: Services 3, Goa 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE