Services in command, bowl out Assam for 182
New Delhi: Medium pacer Suraj Yadav scalped four wickets as Services produced a lethal bowling display to bundle out Assam for 182 runs in their first innings at stumps on the opening day of their four-day Ranji Trophy Group C match here on Saturday.
Yadav starred with the ball for Services with figures of 4-58, while Nishan Singh (2-34), Shahdab Nazar (2-40) and Yashpal Sinha (2-10) picked up two wickets apiece to spell the doom for Assam.
Assam struggled miserably at the Palam ground here as none of their batsmen could reach the 30-run mark. Four batsmen of the visiting team got starts but fizzled out in their 20s.
Opener Pallav Kumar Das (27), Tarjinder Singh (29), Rajdeep Das (26) and Dhiraj Goswami (22) all made decent stars but failed to prolong their stays at the crease.
In reply, Services were 11 for no loss with skipper Soomik Chatarjee batting on six while the other opener Praitk Desai retired hurt on four.
Assam: 182 all out in 78.3 overs (Tarjinder Singh 29, Pallav Kumar Das 27; Suraj Yadav 4/58).
Services: 11 for no loss (Soomik Chatarjee 6 not out).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands