Services in command, bowl out Assam for 182
New Delhi: Medium pacer Suraj Yadav scalped four wickets as Services produced a lethal bowling display to bundle out Assam for 182 runs in their first innings at stumps on the opening day of their four-day Ranji Trophy Group C match here on Saturday.
Yadav starred with the ball for Services with figures of 4-58, while Nishan Singh (2-34), Shahdab Nazar (2-40) and Yashpal Sinha (2-10) picked up two wickets apiece to spell the doom for Assam.
Assam struggled miserably at the Palam ground here as none of their batsmen could reach the 30-run mark. Four batsmen of the visiting team got starts but fizzled out in their 20s.
Opener Pallav Kumar Das (27), Tarjinder Singh (29), Rajdeep Das (26) and Dhiraj Goswami (22) all made decent stars but failed to prolong their stays at the crease.
In reply, Services were 11 for no loss with skipper Soomik Chatarjee batting on six while the other opener Praitk Desai retired hurt on four.
Assam: 182 all out in 78.3 overs (Tarjinder Singh 29, Pallav Kumar Das 27; Suraj Yadav 4/58).
Services: 11 for no loss (Soomik Chatarjee 6 not out).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Subramanian Swamy's piece of advice to Rahul Gandhi - Quit politics to save Congress future
- Strong Indo-US ties to strengthen both economies: White House
- First look of Emraan Hashmi's maiden home production 'Captain Nawab' out! - Pic inside
- Despite public outcry over images of man carrying dead wife, Odisha gives clean chit to hospital
- WOAH! Pakistani journalist silences Piers Morgan after he taunts Indians using Sachin Tendulkar's example