Services make it to Ranji quarters from Group C
New Delhi: Despite a disappointing batting performance in the second innings, Services are through to the quarterfinals of the Ranji Trophy as it is highly unlikely that any team in group C would cross their 26-point barrier.
Services were sitting comfortable at the top of the Group C table, followed by Andhra (21), Assam (20), Kerela (18) and Jharkhand (18) before the start of the ongoing round of matches.
While Andhra are still on course for a berth, with Assam conceding a first innings lead to Goa today, the road to the quarters is clear for Services as it would take more than a miracle to topple them.
Kerela and Jharkhand are not in the equation as even if they win outrightly, they won`t be able to cross Services` 26 point barrier.
In the match, Services, who had notched up a 65-run first innings lead over Jharkhand yesterday, posted 152 runs in their second essay today to set Jharkhand 218 to win, with one day to go.
At the draw of stumps, Jharkhand were 35 for no loss with Akash Verma (15) and Rameez Nemat (20) on the crease at the Palam A Ground in Model Sports Complex here.
Resuming their second innings at 32 for 2, Services found the going tough and lost wickets at regular intervals but tailender Avishek Sinha came up with a cameo of 47 runs in 60 balls to help his team cross the 150-mark. Sinha hit six fours in his innings.
For Jharkhand, Ajay Yadav (6/43) and Shahbaz Nadeem (4/64) shared the 10 wickets.
Services: 185 & 152 all out (Avishek Sinha 47; Ajay Yadav 6/43)
Jharkhand: 120 & 35 for no loss in 11 overs (R Nemat 20; S Yadav 0/18).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah