Services score 473 in first innings against Goa
Porvorim: Riding on two centuries by Soumik Chatterjee and Yashpal Singh, Services posted a massive 473 in their first innings and then reduced Goa to 64 for one on the second day of their Group C Ranji Trophy match here on Sunday.
Having started the day on 284 for four, overnight batsman Yashpal Singh, who resumed on 92, scored an unbeaten ton to take the team past 470-run mark. He also put on three crucial partnerships with different batsmen in the entire day.
After Services lost the other overnight batsman, Rajat Paliwal and Nakul Verma (1) early on the day, Yashpal and Khalid consolidated the visitors` innings.
Paliwal, who started on 23, though could add just 19 runs more today before he fell for a well-made 42 off 85 balls, studded with six boundaries, his fifth wicket stand with Yashpal yielded 83 runs.
Yashpal and Khalid put on a 62-run together for the seventh wicket before the former shared another fruitful partnership of 71 runs for the ninth wicket with Suraj Yadav.
Khalid hit 86-ball 35 and Suraj scored 45 off 72 balls.
Yashpal held fort till he ran out of partners at the other end to remain stranded at an unbeaten 166 off 313 balls, laced with 14 fours and a six. He spent 497 minutes at the crease.
For Goa, Shadab Jakati was the pick of the bowlers with four for 100.
In reply to Services` huge first innings total, Goa lost opener Sagun Kamat for 28.
When stumps were drawn, Swapnil Asnodkar was batting on 17 and Amogh Desai was not out on 16.
Services: 473 all out in 153 overs (Yashpal Singh not out 166, Soumik Chatterjee 103; Shadab Jakati 4/100, Saurabh Bandekar 3/101).
Goa: 64 for one in 27 overs (Sagun Kamat 28; Avishek Sinha 1/10).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!