Services seal a draw, Himachal take three points
Naduan: Soumya Swain`s unbeaten century helped Services to salvage a draw even as hosts Himachal Pradesh walked away with three points on the virtue of their first innings lead in the Ranji Trophy Group C match, here on Monday.
Swain struck a patient 235-ball 118 and, in the company of Ansuhl Gupta (64) and Yashpal Singh (59 not out), showed a lot of resolve and determination to steer his side to a draw at Atal Bihari Vajpayee Stadium.
Starting the day at 46 for two, Services scored 314 for four in 90 overs in response to Himachal`s first innings total of 544 for 6 declared after having scored 312 all out in their first essay.
On the final day of their tie, Services were off to a bad start as they lost Pratik Desai (27) in the second over of the morning session today. He just managed to add one run to his overnight score.
Gupta then combined well with Swain and devoid Himachal bowlers of any further success. Both added 178 runs for the fourth wicket before Gupta was snared by off-spinner Gurvinder Singh.
However, his dismissal had little effect on the visitors as Swain and Yashpal combined well to raise an unconquered 88-run stand for the fifth wicket. Yashpal played an attacking knock laced with seven fours and two sixes.
Services: 312 & 314 for 4 in 90 overs (Soumya Swain 118 not out, Ansuhl Gupta 64; Rishi Dhawan 2/78).
Himachal Pradesh 1st innings: 544 for six dec in 153 overs (Paras Dogra 210, Amit Kumar 91; Muzzaffaruddin Khalid 182/4).
Points: Himachal Pradesh 3, Services 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day