Services seal a draw, Himachal take three points
Naduan: Soumya Swain`s unbeaten century helped Services to salvage a draw even as hosts Himachal Pradesh walked away with three points on the virtue of their first innings lead in the Ranji Trophy Group C match, here on Monday.
Swain struck a patient 235-ball 118 and, in the company of Ansuhl Gupta (64) and Yashpal Singh (59 not out), showed a lot of resolve and determination to steer his side to a draw at Atal Bihari Vajpayee Stadium.
Starting the day at 46 for two, Services scored 314 for four in 90 overs in response to Himachal`s first innings total of 544 for 6 declared after having scored 312 all out in their first essay.
On the final day of their tie, Services were off to a bad start as they lost Pratik Desai (27) in the second over of the morning session today. He just managed to add one run to his overnight score.
Gupta then combined well with Swain and devoid Himachal bowlers of any further success. Both added 178 runs for the fourth wicket before Gupta was snared by off-spinner Gurvinder Singh.
However, his dismissal had little effect on the visitors as Swain and Yashpal combined well to raise an unconquered 88-run stand for the fifth wicket. Yashpal played an attacking knock laced with seven fours and two sixes.
Services: 312 & 314 for 4 in 90 overs (Soumya Swain 118 not out, Ansuhl Gupta 64; Rishi Dhawan 2/78).
Himachal Pradesh 1st innings: 544 for six dec in 153 overs (Paras Dogra 210, Amit Kumar 91; Muzzaffaruddin Khalid 182/4).
Points: Himachal Pradesh 3, Services 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday