Services take three points against Tripura
Agartala: On a pitch that was heavily stacked in favour of the batsmen, Shadab Nazar emerged as the only bowling hero from either side, his six wickets helping Services earn three points from the Group C Ranji Trophy match, here today.
25-year-old medium pacer Nazar picked up six wickets for 108 runs in 44 overs to help Services bundle out Tripura for 484 and gain a first-innings lead of 79 runs.
Resuming on 285 for four, Abhijit Dey struck a patient century for Tripura on the fourth and final day.
Led by Dey`s 243-ball 107, a day after S Abbas Ali`s 121, Tripura made a spirited reply in response to Services` mammoth first-innings total of 563 for four declared.
Services were seven for no loss in their second essay, when the fourth and final day`s play ended at the Maharaja Bir Bikram College Stadium.
Tripura got one point from the match.
Services: 563/4 declared and seven for no loss
Tripura 1st Innings: 484 all out in 182 overs (S Abbas Ali 121, Abhijit Dey 107; Shadab Nazar 6/108).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley