Sony Cheruvathur to lead Kerala Ranji team
Kochi: Sony Cheruvathur has been named captain of the Kerala team for the upcoming Ranji Trophy season even as India speedster S Sreesanth`s recuperation after a toe surgery continues.
Sachin Baby will be the vice-captain.
Kerala will kick-start their Ranji campaingn against Himachal Pradesh on November 2 at Dharmasala.
Kerala will play four home matches this season at their home venue in Malappuram.
Team: Sony Cheruvathur (Captain) Sachin Baby (Vice Captain), V A Jagadeesh, Abishek Hegde, Akshay Kodoth (wicket Keeper), Sanju Vishwanadh, Rohan Prem, Robert Fernandez, Raiphi Vincent Gomez, Sreejith, S Anish, P Prasanth, Prasanth Parameswaran, Manu Krishnan, Anthaf P U. Coach: Sujith Somasundar
Fixtures: Kerala vs Assam match from November 17-20; Kerala vs Goa match from November 24-27; Kerala vs J&K will be held from December 8-12 and Kerala vs Jharkhand match will be held from December 22-25 will all be held at Malappuram.
The Kerala vs SSCB match will be held from December 1-4 at Delhi, Kerala vs Tripura from December 15-18 at Agartala and Kerala vs Andhra will be from December 29- Jan 1 in Andhra Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam -Part III
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part IV
- DNA : Why BJP is linking Rahul Gandhi to AgustaWestland scam
- DNA : Analysis of connection between Emaar MGF and Rahul Gandhi
- DNA : How forest fire is melting Himalayan glaciers?
- Govt targets Rs 64,580 cr revenue in FY17 from spectrum sale
- Seven Indian shuttlers set to qualify for Rio Olympics
- Sanjay Dutt rejects speculation on joining BJP, says 'attended the event for my friend'
- WATCH: Despite crushing defeat, Virat Kohli shows ultimate sign of sporting spirit
- Manoj Kumar receives Phalke Award, presents idol to President