Sony Cheruvathur to lead Kerala Ranji team
Kochi: Sony Cheruvathur has been named captain of the Kerala team for the upcoming Ranji Trophy season even as India speedster S Sreesanth`s recuperation after a toe surgery continues.
Sachin Baby will be the vice-captain.
Kerala will kick-start their Ranji campaingn against Himachal Pradesh on November 2 at Dharmasala.
Kerala will play four home matches this season at their home venue in Malappuram.
Team: Sony Cheruvathur (Captain) Sachin Baby (Vice Captain), V A Jagadeesh, Abishek Hegde, Akshay Kodoth (wicket Keeper), Sanju Vishwanadh, Rohan Prem, Robert Fernandez, Raiphi Vincent Gomez, Sreejith, S Anish, P Prasanth, Prasanth Parameswaran, Manu Krishnan, Anthaf P U. Coach: Sujith Somasundar
Fixtures: Kerala vs Assam match from November 17-20; Kerala vs Goa match from November 24-27; Kerala vs J&K will be held from December 8-12 and Kerala vs Jharkhand match will be held from December 22-25 will all be held at Malappuram.
The Kerala vs SSCB match will be held from December 1-4 at Delhi, Kerala vs Tripura from December 15-18 at Agartala and Kerala vs Andhra will be from December 29- Jan 1 in Andhra Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Srinagar encounter: Two suspected cop killers gunned down as search-op against militants continues
- Van Gaal sacked by United, Mourinho poised to step in
- Iraq justice ministry announces execution of 22 convicts
- UK grants asylum to Maldives' ex-president Mohamed Nasheed
- North Korean envoy rejects Trump overture to meet leader