Subroto Banerjee named coach of Jharkhand Ranji team
Jamshedpur: Former India bowler Subroto Banerjee has been named coach of the Jharkhand Ranji team.
"We have picked up Banerjee as coach of the state Ranji team considering his international experience," JSCA Secretary Rajesh Verma said on Monday.
"As Jharkhand will be playing in the elite group for the first time, we wanted an experienced coach and Banerjee emerged as a suitable candidate," he added.
Verma said Banerjee will take charge on June 1.
Apart from representing Bihar and Bengal in Ranji Trophy tournaments, Banerjee had played a Test against Australia in Sydney in 1992 and six ODIs.
Asked about the existing coaches -- Tarak Sinha and Tarit Ghosh -- in the team, Verma said, "No decision has been taken about them so far."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Suicide attack in Baghdad kills at least 10 people
- BJP made Dayashankar Singh use foul language against me; SP also involved in conspiracy, alleges Mayawati
- New compound may help fight epilepsy
- 'Jethalal' promotes Varun Dhawan starrer 'Dishoom' by flaunting his unique swag! Watch video
- BIZARRE! Panchayat slaps Rs 5 lakh fine on Haryana school after Eid celebration