Subroto Banerjee named coach of Jharkhand Ranji team
Jamshedpur: Former India bowler Subroto Banerjee has been named coach of the Jharkhand Ranji team.
"We have picked up Banerjee as coach of the state Ranji team considering his international experience," JSCA Secretary Rajesh Verma said on Monday.
"As Jharkhand will be playing in the elite group for the first time, we wanted an experienced coach and Banerjee emerged as a suitable candidate," he added.
Verma said Banerjee will take charge on June 1.
Apart from representing Bihar and Bengal in Ranji Trophy tournaments, Banerjee had played a Test against Australia in Sydney in 1992 and six ODIs.
Asked about the existing coaches -- Tarak Sinha and Tarit Ghosh -- in the team, Verma said, "No decision has been taken about them so far."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says