Tamil Nadu declare at 571-6 against Haryana in Ranji Trophy
Chennai: India discard Dinesh Karthik notched up a brilliant 187 to help Tamil Nadu declare their first innings at 571 for six on the penultimate day as their Group B Ranji Trophy match against Haryana headed for a tame draw here on Monday.
Resuming at 181 for three, overnight batsmen Dinesh forged 105 runs with Arun Karthik (54) for the fourth wicket and then starred in another 184-run partnership for the 6th wicket with Vijay Shankar (not out 100).
Dinesh blasted 17 fours and three sixes in his 296-ball innings. He was dismissed by Yuzvendra Chahal in the 158th over following a catch by Jayant Yadav.
Overnight batsman Arun was the first batsman to be dismissed today when he was caught by Nitin Saini off Mohit Sharma in the 93rd over. His 123-ball innings was studded with seven boundaries.
However, Dinesh continued his good work and added another 67 runs for the fifth wicket with Ramaswamy Prasanna (33), before the latter was dismissed by Sharma in the 115th over.
Dinesh and V Shankar then took the onus on themselves and started scoring runs in a fast pace. The two picked up boundaries regularly. Shankar`s 162-ball innings contained 10 fours and three sixes.
Replying to TN`s first innings total, Haryana were seven without loss in three overs. Saini (2) and Rahul Dhawan (5) were at the crease at the draw of stumps at the India Cement Limited Guru Nanak College Ground here.
Brief Score: Tamil Nadu first innings 570 for six decl in 170.3 overs (D Karthik not out 187; M Sharma 2/77).
Haryana first innings: 7 for no loss in 3 overs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?