Tamil Nadu on course against Maharashtra
Chennai: With a full day to spare, Tamil Nadu were well on their way to achieve an outright win over Maharashtra, who were reeling at 75 for eight while facing a target of 193, on the penultimate day of their Group B Ranji Trophy match here today.
Tamil Nadu started their second essay with a cushion of 43 runs, but Maharashtra bowlers put paid to their aspirations and dismissed them for a mere 149 in 49.1 overs, thanks to good efforts by spinners Akshay Darekar (4/64) and Chirag Khurana (4/27).
Baba Aparajith (35) and wicketkeeper Dinesh Karthik (35) were the ones who resisted for sometime, before losing their wickets.
However, the Tamil Nadu bowlers did a shade better than their rivals, bowling to a good line and length, which troubled the Maharashtra batsmen throughout at the MA Chidambaram Stadium.
Four of the six bowlers who operated -- L Balaji, R Aushik Srinivas, M Rangarajan and Yo Mahesh -- claimed two wickets each.
Tamil Nadu: 276 and 149
Maharsashtra: 233 and 75 for eight.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM