Tamil Nadu pummel Maharashtra in Ranji clash
Chennai: Tamil Nadu took less than 10 overs to complete the formalities and notch up an emphatic 104-run win over Maharashtra on the fourth and concluding day of their Group B Ranji Trophy match here on Tuesday.
Having reduced Maharashtra to 75 for eight at stumps yesterday after setting a target of 193, the home team wrapped up the proceedings in just 53 deliveries on Tuesday.
For the visitors, Ankit Bawne was the top-scorer with an unbeaten 24 that came off 81 deliveries and included a couple of boundaries.
Bawne, in fact, was the lone bright spot in an otherwise listless batting display by Maharashtra against a disciplined bowling performance by the hosts.
The two wickets to fall this morning were Akshay Darekar (3) and Samad Fallah (5).
Malolan Rangarajan, who got a half century in the first innings besides seven wickets in the game, was adjudged man of the match for his fine all-round display.
With this win, Tamil Nadu tally eight points from three matches, while Maharashtra remain at one point from two games.
Brief scores: Tamil Nadu: 276 and 149 II Maharashtra: 233 and 88 all out in 46.5 overs (Ankit Bawne 24, R Aushik Srinivas 3/15, M Rangarajan 3/34).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what