Tamil Nadu reach 181 for 3 against Haryana in Ranji Trophy
Chennai: India batsman Abhinav Mukund hit a patient half-century as Tamil Nadu reached 181 for three against Haryana at close of the second day in their Elite Group-B Ranji Trophy match here on Sunday.
After the opening day was washed off due to rain, last year`s runners up Tamil Nadu played patiently on the second day in which 78 overs could be bowled.
At the draw of stumps, Arun Karthik (33) and Dinesk Karthik (17) were at the crease.
Earlier, opener Mukund took 169 balls to score 60 runs, which was laced with six boundaries. Other opener Murali Vijay made 24 runs, containing four hits to the fence.
Baba Aparajith also chipped in with 42. His 99-ball innings included four boundaries.
For Haryana, leg spiner Yuzvendra Chahal claimed two wickets for 72.
Brief Score: Tamil Nadu 181/3 in 78 overs (Abhinav Mukund 60; Yuzvendra Chahal 2/72).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation