Tamil Nadu reach 181 for 3 against Haryana in Ranji Trophy
Chennai: India batsman Abhinav Mukund hit a patient half-century as Tamil Nadu reached 181 for three against Haryana at close of the second day in their Elite Group-B Ranji Trophy match here on Sunday.
After the opening day was washed off due to rain, last year`s runners up Tamil Nadu played patiently on the second day in which 78 overs could be bowled.
At the draw of stumps, Arun Karthik (33) and Dinesk Karthik (17) were at the crease.
Earlier, opener Mukund took 169 balls to score 60 runs, which was laced with six boundaries. Other opener Murali Vijay made 24 runs, containing four hits to the fence.
Baba Aparajith also chipped in with 42. His 99-ball innings included four boundaries.
For Haryana, leg spiner Yuzvendra Chahal claimed two wickets for 72.
Brief Score: Tamil Nadu 181/3 in 78 overs (Abhinav Mukund 60; Yuzvendra Chahal 2/72).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!