Tamil Nadu reach 181 for 3 against Haryana in Ranji Trophy
Chennai: India batsman Abhinav Mukund hit a patient half-century as Tamil Nadu reached 181 for three against Haryana at close of the second day in their Elite Group-B Ranji Trophy match here on Sunday.
After the opening day was washed off due to rain, last year`s runners up Tamil Nadu played patiently on the second day in which 78 overs could be bowled.
At the draw of stumps, Arun Karthik (33) and Dinesk Karthik (17) were at the crease.
Earlier, opener Mukund took 169 balls to score 60 runs, which was laced with six boundaries. Other opener Murali Vijay made 24 runs, containing four hits to the fence.
Baba Aparajith also chipped in with 42. His 99-ball innings included four boundaries.
For Haryana, leg spiner Yuzvendra Chahal claimed two wickets for 72.
Brief Score: Tamil Nadu 181/3 in 78 overs (Abhinav Mukund 60; Yuzvendra Chahal 2/72).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader