Tamil Nadu reach 181 for 3 against Haryana in Ranji Trophy
Chennai: India batsman Abhinav Mukund hit a patient half-century as Tamil Nadu reached 181 for three against Haryana at close of the second day in their Elite Group-B Ranji Trophy match here on Sunday.
After the opening day was washed off due to rain, last year`s runners up Tamil Nadu played patiently on the second day in which 78 overs could be bowled.
At the draw of stumps, Arun Karthik (33) and Dinesk Karthik (17) were at the crease.
Earlier, opener Mukund took 169 balls to score 60 runs, which was laced with six boundaries. Other opener Murali Vijay made 24 runs, containing four hits to the fence.
Baba Aparajith also chipped in with 42. His 99-ball innings included four boundaries.
For Haryana, leg spiner Yuzvendra Chahal claimed two wickets for 72.
Brief Score: Tamil Nadu 181/3 in 78 overs (Abhinav Mukund 60; Yuzvendra Chahal 2/72).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!