Tendulkar and teams train for Sunday`s match
Lahli (Rohtak): Sachin Tendulkar on Saturday gave this quaint town what it had been waiting for with bated breath over the past few days as he walked out to bat, bowl and field in the area`s sole landmark destination, which is encircled by greens on all sides.
A day ahead of what many believe could be his last Ranji Trophy match for Mumbai, Tendulkar practiced at the Chaudhary Bansi Lal Stadium, venue for the defending champions` opener against hosts Haryana.
The 40-year-old champion batsman had, earlier this month, announced that he would call it a day after playing in his landmark 200th Test, against the West Indies in Mumbai from November 14-18.
Kicking off preparations for the two-Test series against the West Indies, Tendulkar today batted at the nets, bowled for a while, besides doing some catching practice with his Mumbai team-mates.
Both the teams trained in the morning preparing for the four-day match beginning tomorrow.
Tendulkar is staying in the VIP suite of the Canal Rest House that is managed by the state`s irrigation department.
Tendulkar arrived in this Haryana town yesterday evening to play the match. He drove into the town in a black-coloured BMW car.
Scores of people were awaiting the arrival of Tendulkar here. Police cordoned off the rest house and had tight security arrangements in place.
The rest of the Mumbai cricket team is lodged in a hotel here.
Tendulkar had trained with the Mumbai team for four days at the Wankhede Stadium.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you