Tendulkar and teams train for Sunday`s match
Lahli (Rohtak): Sachin Tendulkar on Saturday gave this quaint town what it had been waiting for with bated breath over the past few days as he walked out to bat, bowl and field in the area`s sole landmark destination, which is encircled by greens on all sides.
A day ahead of what many believe could be his last Ranji Trophy match for Mumbai, Tendulkar practiced at the Chaudhary Bansi Lal Stadium, venue for the defending champions` opener against hosts Haryana.
The 40-year-old champion batsman had, earlier this month, announced that he would call it a day after playing in his landmark 200th Test, against the West Indies in Mumbai from November 14-18.
Kicking off preparations for the two-Test series against the West Indies, Tendulkar today batted at the nets, bowled for a while, besides doing some catching practice with his Mumbai team-mates.
Both the teams trained in the morning preparing for the four-day match beginning tomorrow.
Tendulkar is staying in the VIP suite of the Canal Rest House that is managed by the state`s irrigation department.
Tendulkar arrived in this Haryana town yesterday evening to play the match. He drove into the town in a black-coloured BMW car.
Scores of people were awaiting the arrival of Tendulkar here. Police cordoned off the rest house and had tight security arrangements in place.
The rest of the Mumbai cricket team is lodged in a hotel here.
Tendulkar had trained with the Mumbai team for four days at the Wankhede Stadium.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail