Tendulkar and teams train for Sunday`s match
Lahli (Rohtak): Sachin Tendulkar on Saturday gave this quaint town what it had been waiting for with bated breath over the past few days as he walked out to bat, bowl and field in the area`s sole landmark destination, which is encircled by greens on all sides.
A day ahead of what many believe could be his last Ranji Trophy match for Mumbai, Tendulkar practiced at the Chaudhary Bansi Lal Stadium, venue for the defending champions` opener against hosts Haryana.
The 40-year-old champion batsman had, earlier this month, announced that he would call it a day after playing in his landmark 200th Test, against the West Indies in Mumbai from November 14-18.
Kicking off preparations for the two-Test series against the West Indies, Tendulkar today batted at the nets, bowled for a while, besides doing some catching practice with his Mumbai team-mates.
Both the teams trained in the morning preparing for the four-day match beginning tomorrow.
Tendulkar is staying in the VIP suite of the Canal Rest House that is managed by the state`s irrigation department.
Tendulkar arrived in this Haryana town yesterday evening to play the match. He drove into the town in a black-coloured BMW car.
Scores of people were awaiting the arrival of Tendulkar here. Police cordoned off the rest house and had tight security arrangements in place.
The rest of the Mumbai cricket team is lodged in a hotel here.
Tendulkar had trained with the Mumbai team for four days at the Wankhede Stadium.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?