Three points for Hyderabad against Railways
Hyderabad: Hyderabad got the three points they needed, but not before enduring some anxious moments thanks to Mahesh Rawat`s enterprise, on the fourth and final day of their Ranji Trophy match here today.
Having set Railways 323 for a win on the final day, Hyderabad were in a spot of bother due to a quick 48 off 51 balls from Rawat, before India left-arm spinner Pragyan Ojha removed him.
Nitin Bhille remained not out on 65 in a team score of 280 for seven in 70 overs when the stumps were drawn for the final time in this Group A match at the Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium.
Amit Paunikar scored 52 at the top of the order while Karan Sharma made 48.
Ojha was the best bowler for Hyderabad, returning figures of four for 95, while off-spinner Amol Shinde who had a five-for in the first innings, picked up two wickets.
Earlier, resuming on 130 for six, Akash Bhandari made an unbeaten 57 off 86 balls as Hyderabad declared their innings on 196 for eight, setting the visitors a stiff target.
Hyderabad: 337 and 196 for eight in 76.5 overs (Akash Bhandari not out 57; Anureet Singh 3/24, Karan Sharma 3/80)
Railways: 213 and 280 for seven in 70 overs (Nitin Bhille not out 65, Amit Paunikar 52; Pragyan Ojha 4/95).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family