Three points for Jharkhand against Goa
Jamshedpur: Jharkhand secured three points after their Group C Ranji Trophy match against Goa ended in a tame draw here today.
The visitors had to be contend with just a point as they conceded the first-innings lead to Jharkhand who had piled on 360 in their first innings, before bowling Goa out for 208 on the third day.
Goa, however, put up a slightly better display in their second innings, reaching 292 for eight in 89 overs, when the proceedings ended at the Keenan Stadium on the fourth and final day.
Manvinder Bisla provided Goa the much-needed impetus in their second essay, scoring a breezy 90 off 106 balls while spending 145 minutes in the middle. His knock contained 13 boundaries and a six.
25-year-old off-break bowler Sunny Gupta was the wrecker in chief from the Jharkhand side, finishing with a career-best figures of six for 93 in 28 overs.
Jharkhand 1st innings: 360
Goa 1st innings: 208 and 292 for 8 in 89 overs (Manvinder Bisla 92; Sunny Gupta 6/93).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown