Three points for Jharkhand against Goa
Jamshedpur: Jharkhand secured three points after their Group C Ranji Trophy match against Goa ended in a tame draw here today.
The visitors had to be contend with just a point as they conceded the first-innings lead to Jharkhand who had piled on 360 in their first innings, before bowling Goa out for 208 on the third day.
Goa, however, put up a slightly better display in their second innings, reaching 292 for eight in 89 overs, when the proceedings ended at the Keenan Stadium on the fourth and final day.
Manvinder Bisla provided Goa the much-needed impetus in their second essay, scoring a breezy 90 off 106 balls while spending 145 minutes in the middle. His knock contained 13 boundaries and a six.
25-year-old off-break bowler Sunny Gupta was the wrecker in chief from the Jharkhand side, finishing with a career-best figures of six for 93 in 28 overs.
Jharkhand 1st innings: 360
Goa 1st innings: 208 and 292 for 8 in 89 overs (Manvinder Bisla 92; Sunny Gupta 6/93).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology