Three points for Jharkhand against Goa
Jamshedpur: Jharkhand secured three points after their Group C Ranji Trophy match against Goa ended in a tame draw here today.
The visitors had to be contend with just a point as they conceded the first-innings lead to Jharkhand who had piled on 360 in their first innings, before bowling Goa out for 208 on the third day.
Goa, however, put up a slightly better display in their second innings, reaching 292 for eight in 89 overs, when the proceedings ended at the Keenan Stadium on the fourth and final day.
Manvinder Bisla provided Goa the much-needed impetus in their second essay, scoring a breezy 90 off 106 balls while spending 145 minutes in the middle. His knock contained 13 boundaries and a six.
25-year-old off-break bowler Sunny Gupta was the wrecker in chief from the Jharkhand side, finishing with a career-best figures of six for 93 in 28 overs.
Jharkhand 1st innings: 360
Goa 1st innings: 208 and 292 for 8 in 89 overs (Manvinder Bisla 92; Sunny Gupta 6/93).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price