Tiwary completes century; Andhra fights back
Dhanbad: Saurabh Tiwary scored a magnificent 119 to help Jharkhand post a decent 257 in their first innings before Andhra Pradesh made a good reply in the Ranji Trophy Group C match at Railway stadium, here on Sunday.
Tiwary, who began at his overnight score of 73, and Shahbaz Nadeem (51) shared a crucial 74-run stand for the eighth wicket to put their side in a position from where they could fight.
In reply, Andhra reached 132 for four with Amol Majumdar (41) and AG Pradeep (38) putting up an unconquered 78-run stand for the fifth wicket.
Their stand rescued the visitors as they were reeling at 54 for four at one stage.
Jharkhand 1st innings: 257 all out in 106.4 overs. (S Tiwary 119, S Nadeem 51; S Sahabudin 4/39)
Andhra 1st innings: 132 for 4 in 45 overs. (A Majumdar 41 batting; Saunnt Gupta 2/45).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP win big with 81 seats, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis Maharashtra thanks Maharashtra voters, PM Modi
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP wins big, grabs 81 BMC seats; Fadnavis credits PM Narendra Modi
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway