Tiwary completes century; Andhra fights back
Dhanbad: Saurabh Tiwary scored a magnificent 119 to help Jharkhand post a decent 257 in their first innings before Andhra Pradesh made a good reply in the Ranji Trophy Group C match at Railway stadium, here on Sunday.
Tiwary, who began at his overnight score of 73, and Shahbaz Nadeem (51) shared a crucial 74-run stand for the eighth wicket to put their side in a position from where they could fight.
In reply, Andhra reached 132 for four with Amol Majumdar (41) and AG Pradeep (38) putting up an unconquered 78-run stand for the fifth wicket.
Their stand rescued the visitors as they were reeling at 54 for four at one stage.
Jharkhand 1st innings: 257 all out in 106.4 overs. (S Tiwary 119, S Nadeem 51; S Sahabudin 4/39)
Andhra 1st innings: 132 for 4 in 45 overs. (A Majumdar 41 batting; Saunnt Gupta 2/45).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16