TN earn three points in drawn Ranji match against MP
Indore: A strong batting performance by the middle-order after being forced to follow on helped Madhya Pradesh avoid defeat but Tamil Nadu walked away with three points due to their first innings lead in the drawn Ranji Trophy Group B match here on Sunday.
In reply to a mammoth 532 for eight declared, Madhya Pradesh were bowled out for 269 in their first innings and were 196 for three in their second essay when stumps were drawn on the fourth and final day at Holkar Cricket Stadium.
Left-arm orthodox bowler, Aushik Srinivas grabbed four wickets in the first innings before claiming one in the MP`s second essay to become the pick of the Tamil Nadu bowlers.
Resuming on overnight total of 221 for seven, skipper Devendra Bundela, starting on 64, top-scored with 95 off 213 balls, laced with 13 fours and two sixes, to remain unbeaten till the end.
But he, unfortunately, ran out of partners at the other end and TN enforced a follow-on on the hosts.
When asked to follow on, MP still needed 263 runs to avoid an innings defeat.
MP were off to a miserable start as their opener Satyam Choudhary (1) departed with just 11 runs on the board.
But the other opener in Jalaj Saxena (42) and the middle order came up with some handy contributions to deny TN a win.
Mohnish Mishra top-scored for the hosts with a 102-ball unbeaten 66, which included four boundaries and three sixes.
Naman Ojha (46) and Rameez Khan (31 not out) were the other notable contributors for MP as they managed to grab a point from the match.
Tamil Nadu: 532 for eight declared
Madhya Pradesh: 269 all out in 100.4 overs (Devendra Bundela not out 95, Naman Ojha 41; Aushik Srinivas 4/40) & 196 for three in 57 overs (Mohnish Mishra not out 66, Naman Ojha 46; Aswin Crist 1/28).
Points: Tamil Nadu 3, Madhya Pradesh 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says