Tripura suffer innings defeat against Assam in Ranji Trophy
Agartala: An improved batting performance from Tripura was not enough to save their Ranji Trophy Group C match against Assam as they crashed to an innings and 55-run defeat on the final day here on Sunday.
Tripura, who had conceded a huge 389-run first innings lead to Assam, had a bad start after resuming the day at 156 for three as they lost overnight batsmen Abbas Ali (12) and Samrat Singha (79) to pacer Abu Nechim.
Yogesh Takawale scored 68 off 109 balls and was well supported by Timir Chanda as the pair added 72 for the seventh wicket.
However, once Takawale fell, Nechim and Jamaluddin Syed Mohammed combined to take regular wickets and dismiss Tripura for 334.
Nechim finished with 4 for 78 to add to his three-wicket haul in the first innings. Arup Das, Pritam Das and J Syed Mohammad took two wickets each.
Assam secured seven points for winning the match by an innings while Tripura got none.
Assam: 525 for 5 dec beat Tripura 136 and 334 all out in 120.5 overs (Samrat Singha 79, Yogesh Takawale 68; Abu Nechim 4/78) by an innings and 55 runs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Peter Mukerjea knew Sheena was Indrani's daughter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them