Unmukt shines but Delhi struggle to 165/6 on Day II
Rohtak: Unmukt Chand`s impressive half century was the lone bright spot in an otherwise dull day for Delhi as they were struggling 165 for six in reply to Haryana`s decent first innings score of 307 in a group league encounter of the Ranji Trophy.
Delhi still need 143 runs to get the first innings lead and has very little support with Sumit Narwal being dismissed off the last ball of the second day bowled by Haryana skipper Amit Mishra.
Mishra has taken two wickets while medium pacer Harshal Patel has also taken a couple of wickets.
Unmukt, who has faced 130 balls hit eight fours and two sixes but didn`t get much support with senior pros Rajat Bhatia (21) and Mithun Manhas (20) even after spending considerable time in the middle. The only significant partnership in the Delhi innings so far has been 67 runs for the fourth wicket added by Unmukt and Bhatia.
Unmukt now has Vikas Mishra, Parvinder Awana and Manoj Chauhan for company and it will be a big ask for the youngster to atleast ensure first innings lead for his team.
Earlier in the day, Haryan started from 219 for six and their tail wagged considerably to help the hosts cross 300-run mark. Harshal Patel smashed a quickfire 39 off 49 balls as Awana got a five-wicket haul.
Awana`s five for 71 was his seventh in first-class cricket but now he will have to perform with the bat in order to bail his team out.
Brief Scores: Haryana 307 all out (Rahul Dewan 71, Rahul Dalal 48, Parvinder Awana 5/71).
Delhi 165/6 (Unmukt Chand 76 batting, Harshal Patel 2/42, Amit Mishra 2/48).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read